Thursday, October 13, 2011

[celebrate] historic morganton festival

3My first trip to the Historic Morganton Festival was when my husband and I were dating which take it from me, was a WHILE ago.  It's a great festival.  Rides, crafts, music, and lots of festival food.  I've been to more than my fair share of festivals, on both side of the fence - vendor and visitor.  Morganton always does it well and it's I've never been disappointed.

This year I got a chance to shop the crafts a little bit more than I have in years past as it's also a great opportunity for JuJu to show off her grandbabies.

My first stop was a booth for Cranberry's and Lace located in Marion, North Carolina.

How cute is this snowman made out of an old chenille bedspread?

Then a few more handmade finds at some booths down the way with some neat and simple country patterns.






















































There were tons more but honestly, I got stuck on Cranberry's where I scored these cute little candy corn plushies ...






















and these ohhhh so precious burlap mice and candy canes. I try to fight the country with mod, but it's a battle I'm currently losing. 

And while I perused crafts from red dirt shirts, garden hose wreaths, and hair bow after hair bow, the kiddies enjoyed the other side of the festival, the RIDES!

No comments: