Monday, March 21, 2011

[make] tackle box transformation

My tackle box and rod that I so lovingly received from JuJu for Christmas didn't exactly match.  Enter Mod Podge ...

First, I made sure the tackle box was clean.  Next I started using the girls' paint brush to apply the Mod Podge as I pressed the fabric down.  Sorry, I didn't really take photos of the progress because basically I brushed, pressed and pressed some more.  I did cut out for the handle and to remove some of the extra fabric at the corners.  Finally I added some ribbon trim around the base of the fabric to give a more finished edge.  Another two coats of Mod Podge in between drying and this is what I ended up with:


Yes! It coordinates perfectly with my pink rod and I don't think anyone has another quite like it.  Did I mention it matched my boots?

My lures and bobbers coordinate with the outside, too.  Just in case you are wondering.  My wonderful husband goes on record saying that "just because you can decoupage something, doesn't mean you should".  I say decoupage away.  

No comments: