Tuesday, December 20, 2011

[make] christmas treats

Before our Holiday House Party, the kids and I did a little "baking".  I had found some nutter butter reindeer and little marshmallow north poles on pinterest.  Here are our versions.

My little ones don't care for peppermint so we used red and white striped paper straws for our poles and dipped away.  These little north poles are super easy and I was surprised at house quickly we turned them out.  90 seconds for the almond bark to melt in the microwave and not much more for the kids to dip them in the candy coating and roll them in white sprinkles.


As for the reindeer, Nutter Butters covered in chocolate with pretzel antlers and red candy noses.  We used the icing eyes that I got from Bake It Pretty.  How cute are these little things and my three kids did everything besides heating up the chocolate.  The only problem we had were lots of noses went missing.

They were a huge hit at our Holiday House Party which is saying something considering all the candy competition.

No comments: