Monday, August 22, 2011

[learn] twinbop

I think every mother, father, family goes through the scheduling nightmare that is extra curricular activities.  We can't complain too much.  The girls are still young and so is Jack for that matter so it's not like we are going from school to lessons to practices - yet.  But we still ran into a hiccup.  Dance.  The girls wanted to go to "ballet".  They are three so they also want to go to space but we though ballet was more doable.  So I called studios, a bunch of dance studios.  Nada. Nothing that works with our schedule in our area and nothing that's not from September to June.  


So I started looking for more options.  I found the Catawba Science Center and their programs, the YMCA programs and the Newton Recreation Center activities.  Most of the schedules were designed for someone who works outside the home (i.e., me), especially for preschool ages.  But I thought, I'll make it work.  So I started reading descriptions:


Let's Get Messy: Let your toddler’s imagination come alive in this arts and crafts extravaganza. We will use different themes each day to create artwork out of paint, feathers, paste, noodles and more. 


Edible Art Creations: If your children are at the age of wanting to eat their art supplies while you are trying to reach them to expand their creative skills, you'll enjoy these perfect and tasty projects!


Witches Brew: Join us for a spooky cooking session. We will be making fun Halloween themed treats that are sure to fright and delight you!


I looked at the photos, I looked at the outlines and jumped to a huge realization.  I can do that!  I can do it and possibly do it better!  So I'm doing it.  


Thus Twinbop was born (credit supportive husband for name).  The girls and I have an "appointment" every Wednesday from 4:30 until 6:00.  Books, crafts, cooking and learning.  I have a budget of $20 per week for the "class" since that's what I would have paid someone else.  I may not be able to teach them ballet but I can craft with the best of them.  Look for posts to follow under the tag [learn].  Let me know what you think and how I'm doing.  

No comments: